Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A little about me....

All Good Things is the result of a passion developing that I never expected. 

I have loved to bake my entire life. Growing up, I made cookies, cakes, 

brownies, whatever my mom would allow. Still to this day, I'm known for the 

many desserts I make. However, I never imagined I would one day be creating 

custom cookies - I've never even had a desire to decorate Christmas cookies...

So how did this begin? My sister, Karrah - she was looking for a way to spread 

love and joy - and felt led by God to learn how to decorate cookies. I thought 

it was very strange at first, she has never even liked baking.... 

She talked me into taking a cookie decorating class with her, after which we 

began getting together once a week and decorating cookies for fun. The more 

we played, a passion for cookie’ing began to develop… 

Initially, it was just fun – I was baking, learning new techniques, and eating a 

lot of cookies. Robbie and I can only eat so many cookies, and eventually they 

began to stockpile – so I started packaging them and randomly delivering them 

friends and family. This brought so much joy to Robbie and me – and to the 

recipients. Still today, I LOVE showing up on someone’s front porch with a box 

full of “just because” cookies. Who doesn’t smile when you’re handed a cookie? 

From there, I figured I should probably try to sell a few cookies and recoup 

some of the cost from my new, very addictive hobby! 

One morning as I was reading a devotional, I came across James 1:17 – and 

just like that, All Good Things was born. I truly believe “all good things” are gifts 

from God - and I love sharing a little of His sweetness with every cookie I bake! 

Expand our ability, God, to see your reflection in every good thing. 

And help us to love that reflection because the face we see is Yours. 

What happiness awaits as we more clearly see You in and through all the 

good and perfect gifts you give!

Hope you love our cookies as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Student Creativity in ED 510: Innovative Resources Created with Material Generator Tools

Welcome to another exciting semester of ED 510! This course is all about exploring educational technology and harnessing the power of variou...